Hi Everyone!! This article will share The Raindrops Poem Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Please Leave a Message, The Giant Mouse and The Apple Tree so, you can check these posts as well.
The Raindrops Poem Questions & Answers
- Window-pane – the flat glass in a window wood
- Bricks – small, square pieces of plastic or wood, used as a toy by children to build things
Question 1: Complete these sentences:
1. Little drops of rain come down the window-pane.
2. The speaker cannot walk, play or go out.
3. The speaker’s toys are kept away from him because he breaks them.
4. The speaker wants to play in the rain.
Question 2: Who is the speaker? Which lines in the poem tell you?
Answer: The speaker is a young boy. The lines in the poem that tell us are:
And they won’t let me play.
They put away my playthings.
Question 3: Who are ‘they’ in the poem? How can you be sure?
Answer: ‘They’ are the speaker’s parents. I am sure because the speaker listens to them and doesn’t go outside to play.
Question 4: Do you think the speaker is bored? Why is he bored?
Answer: Yes, the speaker is bored because he is not allowed to walk, to play and go outdoors. He is not even allowed to play with his things as he is very naughty and breaks them.
Question 5: Is the speaker punished? Why do you think so?
Answer: Yes, according to me the speaker, is punished because he is very naughty and breaks his playthings. All he could do is sit at the window and look outside.
Question 6: Write a few pairs of rhyming words from the poem.
Answer: Rain-pane, play-today, all-ball.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.