Hi Everyone!! This article will share The Zelkova Tree Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of The Horse Race, Tilakashta Mahisha Bandhanam and Honest Meena so, you can check these posts as well.
The Zelkova Tree Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. The Zelkova tree belonged to the
(a) young man
(c) young man’s friend
2. The Zelkova tree was planted by the
(a) young man’s father
(b) merchant’s father
(c) merchant’s grandfather
3. The young man and his friend stepped inside the gate of the merchant’s house
(a) they wanted to have a picnic
(b) the merchant had invited them
(c) the shade of the tree had spread into the garden
4. “What do you want?” the merchant wailed because
(a) he knew he was trapped
(b) he wanted to share his fortune with the young man
(c) he repented for his greed
Question 2: Fill in the blanks.
1. On one warm sunny day, a young man was walking out.
2. A patch of grass was shaded by a tall Zelkova tree.
3. The merchant was greedy and selfish man.
4. There was an agreement between the young man and the merchant.
Question 3: Write True or False for the following sentences:
1. The Zelkova tree was beside the merchant’s house – False
2. The young man was a clever fellow – True
3. The merchant was a charitable person – False
4. The young man and the merchant were close friends – False
Question 4: Why did the young man want shade and where did he find it?
Answer: The young man was tired and hot, and he wished he could find a nice cool spot to rest. He found a patch of grass shaded by a tall Zelkova tree that grew into the yard of a wealthy merchant’s house.
Question 5: What agreement was signed between the two men?
Answer: The brief agreement written on a piece of paper, gave the young man the right to use the shade of the Zelkova tree whenever he wished.
Question 6: ‘You cannot sit here.’ Why did the merchant say this?
Answer: When the merchant found the young man and his friend sitting and enjoying the shade of the tree inside his house, he got furious and told him that he could not sit there.
Question 7: Why was the merchant willing to pay three times the amount to get back the rights?
Answer: The greedy merchant was paid back in his own coin by the young man. To get out of the agreement, the merchant offered to pay three times.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.