Hi Everyone!! This article will share Trapped Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of Awareness About Our Environment, Thunder and Anansi and Dressing Up for Space so, you can check these posts as well.
Trapped Questions & Answers
Question 1: Fill in the blanks with words from the story.
1. When the bear entered the village, the villagers were sleeping.
2. The bear was young and chubby. The colour of his fur was black.
3. When he peeped into a courtyard, he saw a girl who was scrubbing a brass plate.
4. The bear purred when the glare of the plate hit the bear’s eyes.
5. When the girl saw the bear, she screamed ‘Bhaloo!’ which is the Hindi word for ‘bear’.
Question 2: Choose the correct option:
1. The bear sensed danger when
(a) he heard the girl’s scream.
(b) he heard people shouting.
(c) he heard the barking of dogs.
2. When the bear found that the road was not safe.
(a) he ran into the jungle.
(b) he ran into a nearby river.
(c) he ran down a lane that ended in a square.
3. The bear felt trapped because
(a) the square was walled in on all sides.
(b) his feet were tied with rope.
(c) he was caught in a cage.
4. When the bear was trapped, he tried to save himself
(a) by jumping into a well in the square.
(b) by biting the children and dogs.
(c) by jumping over a fence.
Question 3: Read the sentences from the story and answer the questions.
1. How tired you must be! Now sit down and wait. I’ll get you out of this.
(a) Who makes this statement and to whom?
Answer: A girl named Meera, with a kind gentle voice makes this statement to the bear.
(b) Why would the listener be tired?
Answer: He would be tired because of running hard to save himself from the dogs.
2. ‘I’ve got a ladder,’ he said.
(a) Who is he?
Answer: He is Lakshman.
(b) Why has he brought a ladder?
Answer: He has brought the ladder to get the bear out of the well.
Question 4: How did the bear come out of the well?
Answer: The bear came out by climbing the ladder that was lowered into the well.
Question 5: How did the bear realise that Meera did not mean him any harm?
Answer: The bear realised that Meera did not mean him any harm as she spoke to him soothingly.
Question 6: What kind of girl was Meera? Support your answer with evidence from the story.
Answer: Meera was a kind girl with a soothing voice. She was patient and helpful, and had empathy towards animals. She rescued the bear from the well.
Question 7: If Meera had not arrived there, what would have probably happened to the young bear?
Answer: The young bear would have been stuck in the well and the children would have continued to throw stones at him. He might have died there.
Question 8: Do you think the title of the story is a suitable one? Why/Why not?
Answer: Yes, the title is suitable for the story, because it is about a trapped bear that was rescued by a girl who had empathy for animals.
So, these were Trapped Questions & Answers.