Hi Everyone!! This article will share The Little Metal Sentinel Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of My Heaven, The Cherry Tree and The Moneymaking Nose so, you can check these posts as well.
The Little Metal Sentinel Questions & Answers
Question 1: Fill in the blanks:
1. The grandfather gave him a box of toys on his birthday with a chorus in the background.
2. One of the sentinels had only one leg.
3. The little sentinel stood on the starboard of the ship.
4. The streets were full of gushing rainwater.
5. The rat demanded passport of the sentinel.
6. When the belly was cut open, the sentinel saw the light of a bulb overhead.
7. The boy found the sentinel arm-in-arm with the ballerina.
8. The maid-servant found a heart made of metal and a broach.
Question 2: Choose the correct option:
1. The boy shrieked with joy as his _________ gave him a box of toys on his birthday.
2. They put the twenty-five metal sentinels all around the ________ as guards.
3. The boy placed the _________ on the water which flowed so swiftly.
4. The __________ could see everything around him.
5. At midnight the alarm clock struck __________.
6. The imp was __________ at her remark.
Question 3: Write True or False for the following sentences:
1. The boy shrieked with joy as his grandfather gave him a box – True
2. The little girl bade good-bye to everyone after the party – False
3. The boy’s sister joined him in sharing his joy of getting new toys – True
4. The girl arranged her toy on the table – False
5. The boy and the girl put the twenty-five metal sentinels all around the castle guards – True
6. The beautiful ballerina was right in front tuned a little apart – True
7. The boy was again in the room to play with the toys – False
8. The sentinel could see everything around him – False
9. At midnight the alarm clock struck twelve – True
10. The other twenty-five sentinels moved around the castle – False
Question 4: What all toys did the boy get on his birthday?
Answer: On his birthday, the boy got a splendid cardboard castle, a wooden toy ship with paper pails, a ballerina who raised one of her legs in a dancing posture in splendid clothes, a toy train which ran on rails, the little ducks and their ducklings, a beautiful jack-in-the-box disguised as a pudding pot, an alarm clock and a box containing twenty-five metal sentinels.
The Little Metal Sentinel Questions & Answers
Question 5: How did the children arrange the toys on the table?
Answer: The children arranged their toys on the table, the castle in the middle, the ship and ducks in its moat, the trees all around it, the ballerina on its projection. Then, they put the twenty-five metal sentinels all around the castle as guards.
Question 6: Why did the sentinel think that the ballerina had only leg?
Answer: The little one-legged sentinel stood steadfast on the starboard of the ship. The beautiful ballerina was right in front turned a little apart. From this position, he could not see the raised leg of the ballerina, and thought she too had only one leg, just like him.
Question 7: How did the children lose the ship with the sentinel?
Answer: It was raining heavily and the streets were full of gushing water. The children took the ship with sentinel and placed it on the water that was flowing swiftly. While the children jumped up and down, clapped their hands, shrieking with joy at the tumbling and tossing little ship, a large truck came in the street. To save themselves from the splashes of water, the children jumped to a side leaving the ship where it was. After the truck had passed by, the children looked for the ship and it was nowhere around. That is how they lost the ship with the sentinel.
Question 8: How did the sentinel reach the fish’s belly?
Answer: The sentinel fell from the ship at a great speed into the darker depth of river where he could see many fishes around him. As he fell deeper and deeper, he could see an enormous shadow looming large on him. This enormous shadow was that of a big fish which was almost twenty times bigger than him. Before the sentinel could straighten his rifle to scare away the huge fish, she gobbled him up. That is how, he reached the fish’s belly.
Question 9: Why was the sentinel surprised when the fish’s belly was cut open?
Answer: The sentinel was surprised because it was the same room wherefrom the children had taken him on the ship. And to his delight, he could see the pretty ballerina standing before him in her graceful dancing posture.
Question 10: Why was the imp disappointed?
Answer: When the imp asked the sentinel to get his wicked glances off the ballerina, the pretty ballerina asked him not to say so. This is because she too loved the sentinel. The imp was disappointed at her remark.
Question 11: Why was the boy angry with the sentinel? What did he do to it?
Answer: To their amazement, the children found the one-legged sentinel arm-in-arm with the ballerina. The boy found this nasty and said that when they tried to catch him, he evaded them taking along the ship. In his rage, he threw the metal sentinel into the fireplace, and with the sentinel was thrown the ballerina whose broach brightly flashed like lightning.
So, these were The Little Metal Sentinel Questions & Answers.