Hi Everyone!! This article will share The Machine Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Settled in Natal, The Unforgiving Monkey and Lucy Gray so, you can check these posts as well.
The Machine Questions & Answers
Question 1: Who said the following statements:
1. Let me grow and complete my studies – Sunita’s son
2. How can I live on this tragedy? – Sunita
3. Master, you know I have a daughter of marriageable age – Sunita
4. Oh, still we can’t help. We are sorry – Prem
5. I’ve worked in one and the same company for over twenty years – Prem
6. Please be seated – Manager
7. Have I committed some mistake? – Prem
8. Sir. I have a daughter of marriageable age – Prem
Question 2: Choose the correct option:
1. She took the ________ by the horns.
2. With time, her son completed his matriculation and __________.
3. Destiny had been very ________ on Sunita.
4. Sunita felt dizzy, darkness enveloping her ___________.
5. Prem could guess something _________ in the manager’s voice.
6. Prem stood up from his ___________, he was feeling giddy.
Question 3: Why was Sunita compelled to work as a housemaid?
Answer: Sunita was compelled to work as a housemaid because her husband got permanent disability in his limbs. She worked to educate her kids and feed her family.
Question 4: Why was Sunita’s son not in the favour of marrying his sister at that time?
Answer: Sunita’s son was not in the favour of marrying his sister at that time because he wanted her to marry when he would become an officer that will help get a better boy for her.
Question 5: What calamity befell Sunita’s son?
Answer: The machine on which Sunita’s son worked developed some snag and he was electrocuted to death.
Question 6: How did Sunita lose her job?
Answer: Sunita had been washing clothes at her master’s house for the past many years but they bought a washing machine and so, they no longer needed her services. That is how she lost her job.
Question 7: How was Prem’s joy shattered at his office?
Answer: Prem’s joy was shattered at his office because he lost his job.
Question 8: How similar were the words uttered by Sunita and Prem?
Answer: Both Sunita and Prem said that they have a daughter of marriageable age.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.