Hi Everyone!! This article will share To The Pupils Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by Henry Long Derozio. In this poem, the poet has tried to describe the relation between a teacher and his pupils. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Cat’s Attack, The Sword of King Arthur and Unity is Strength so, you can check these posts as well.
To The Pupils Questions & Answers
- Petals – flower leaves
- Intellectual – pertaining to intellect
- Stretch – extend
- Circumstances – logical details of event
- Perceptions – act of perceiving
- Omnipotence – infinite presence
- Futurity – future time
- Chaplets – wreaths for the head
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. The young birds fly to test the power of their______
2. When the teacher watches the gradual growth of the minds of his pupils, his joy_____
(b) knows no bounds
(c) comes to an end
Question 2: Write True or False for the following sentences:
1. The minds of the pupils are like trees – False
2. Minds of the children are very soft – True
3. Their minds are like the petals of young flowers – True
4. The poet feels that he has lived in vain – False
Question 3: Fill in the blanks:
1. Expanding like the petals of young flowers.
2. Of circumstances and freshening April showers.
3. Of early knowledge and unnumbered winds.
4. Of new perceptions shed their influence.
5. What joyance rains upon me when I see.
Question 4: What does the teacher see happening in his pupils?
Answer: The teacher sees the gentle opening of the minds of his pupils.
Question 5: What has the opening of the minds of the pupils been compared to?
Answer: The opening of the minds of the pupils has been compared to the petals of young flowers.
Question 6: What does he see in ‘the mirror of futurity’?
Answer: He sees the fame in ‘the mirror of futurity’.
Question 7: Why does he feel amply rewarded?
Answer: He feels amply rewarded to see the popularity and fame of his pupils.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.