Hi Everyone!! This article will share Waste Technology Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of At The Theatre, Truth Is Exposed and Uncle Podger Hangs a Picture so, you can check these posts as well.
Waste Technology Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. Rubbish that can be recycled is
(c) both a and b
2. Plastic is one of the most ________ substances to recycle.
3. Plastic scrap can be changed into a _________ quality product.
4. When the waste is cleaned ________ are removed too.
(a) gold and silver
(b) ink and dirt
(c) metal and glass
Question 2: Fill in the blanks.
1. Metals are recycled into new steel and other metals.
2. Glass is also worth recycling.
3. Cullets of mixed colours can be used only to make green glass.
4. Bottle banks depend on people’s goodwill.
5. Mixture plastic waste is recycled into plastic timber.
Question 3: On the basis of your reading of the article, complete the following sentences.
1. The advantages of recycling rubbish are
(a) save money
(b) save valuable resources
2. Reuse of rubbish has been made possible due to
Answer: New technology of recycling
3. In the paper mills, the paper waste is pulped
4. One reason why paper is pulped is
Answer: to make new paper
5. Melted steel and the other metals can be utilised by
Answer: different industries
6. Glass can be reused in the following two ways:
(a) recycled to make bottles
7. Find words from the article which mean the same as
(a) worthless materials – rubbish
(b) easily bent – flexibility
Question 4: How does recycling help us?
Answer: Recycling waste not only helps save money, but also helps the environment. It lessens the pollution created by burning rubbish and saves valuable resources.
Question 5: In what ways many countries encourage recycling?
Answer: Many countries encourage recycling by using new technology that allows more waste to be reused.
Question 6: Name some of the rubbish that can be used.
Answer: Most of the rubbish that can be reused are paper, metals, glass and even plastic. Half of the world’s waste consists of paper.
Question 7: How is paper recycled?
Answer: Many countries import waste paper rather than new pulp for their paper mills. The waste is pulped, cleaned and bleached to remove most of ink and dirt before it is turned into new paper in the same way as wood pulp or rags.
Question 8: How can glass be recycled?
Answer: Glass is also worth recycling. Broken glasses or cullets are melted in furnaces and then easily shaped into new bottles or other objects.
Question 9: Why is plastic one of the most difficult substances to recycle?
Answer: Plastic is one of the most difficult substances to recycle because it comes into many varieties according to the quality, shape, strength and flexibility.
Question 10: How can broken glass be recycled?
Answer: Broken glasses (cullets) of different colours can be used only to make green glass. The cullets are melted in furnaces and reshaped.
Question 11: How can plastic scrap be used?
Answer: Plastic scrap can only be turned into a lower quality product and can be used to stuff seat cushions, durable fencing etc.
Question 12: Write True or False for the following statements:
1. Recycling waste helps the environment – True
2. Many countries encourage recycling – True
3. Half the world’s waste consists of plastic – False
4. Metals are recycled into new steel and other metals – True
5. Aluminium is not worth recycling – False
6. Broken glass is known as cullet – True
7. Broken glass can be remelted in furnaces – True
8. A mixture plastic waste is recycled into paper – False
9. Durable fencing can be made with plastic timber – True
10. Extracting aluminium from bauxite does not consume a huge amount of electricity – False
So, these were Waste Technology Questions & Answers.