Hi Everyone!! This article will share Champion Women Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of The Flying Machine, King John and The Abbot of Canterbury and The Land of Story Books so, you can go through these posts as well.
Champion Women Questions & Answers
- Niche – a comfortable or suitable position in life
- Fundamentalist – a person who believes in the strict, literal interpretation of scriptures in a religion
- Conventions – a way in which something is usually done
- Oblivion – state of being completely forgotten
- Sparse – few and far between
- Passion – intense desire or enthusiasm
- Unstrained – not forced
- Commitment – dedication
- Underprivileged – not enjoying the same standard of living or rights as the majority of people in a society
- Contemporary – belonging to or occurring in the present
- Substantial – of considerable importance
- Gender inequality – unequal treatment based on gender
- Female foeticide – killing of unborn girl child
- Produnova – one type of artistic gymnastics vault consisting of a front handspring onto the vaulting horse
Question 1: Fill in the blanks:
1. Deepa Malik won the silver medal at the 2016 Summer Paralympics in shot put.
2. Sania Mirza started playing tennis at the age of six.
3. Saina Nehwal and Mary Kom have been awarded with the Padma Bhushan.
4. Dipa Karmakar is an artistic gymnast.
5. Sakshi Malik is a wrestler from Rohtak district of Haryana.
Question 2: Do you think the Indian women have silenced their critics? How?
Answer: Yes, the Indian women have surely silenced their critics by rising above the age-old conventions, norms and setting aside the life of compromise and sacrifice that they were expected to lead. The Indian female’s journey from oblivion to recognition has been a story of determination and courage where she has managed to silence every critic who has dared to question her skills and capabilities.
Question 3: Why has Sania Mirza achieved success in tennis?
Answer: Sania Mirza is a person whose success story is driven by consistent passion, hard-work, unstinted commitment and dedication. She began playing the sport at the age of five and hasn’t ever missed her routine training sessions for twenty-three years. Also, her own determination and grit in the face of all adversity has gained her international recognition.
Question 4: What is unique about Saina Nehwal’s achievement?
Answer: Saina is the only Indian to have won at least a medal in every Badminton World Federation (BWF) major individual event, namely the Olympics, the BWF World Championships, and the BWF World Junior Championships. She is the first Indian badminton player to have won an Olympic medal.
Question 5: What is the highlight of Mary Kom’s childhood?
Answer: Born in a poor family of rural Manipur, Mar Kom belongs to Kom-Kuki tribe. She grew up in humble surroundings, helping her parents with farm related chores, going to school and learning athletics initially and later boxing simultaneously.
Question 6: What is the biggest achievement of P. V. Sindhu?
Answer: The biggest achievement of P. V. Sindhu is that in March 2015, she became the youngest recipient of India’s fourth highest civilian honour, the Padma Shri and in 2016, she received Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
Question 7: List out the similarities between Sakshi Malik and Phogat sisters.
Answer: Both Sakshi Malik and Phogat sisters are wrestlers from Haryana.
Question 8: What is Produnova? Which sports is it associated with?
Answer: Produnova is one type of artistic gymnastics vault consisting of a front handspring onto the vaulting horse. It is associated with gymnastics.
Question 9: Which line about Deepa Malik reflects her strong willpower?
Answer: Deepa used to get paralytic shocks since she was only 8 years old. That didn’t make any difference in her life. At the age of 26, she was diagnosed with spinal tumour and had gone through a life-threatening surgery. She was asked whether to choose paralysis or death after the spinal tumour was detected and she chose life.
Question 10: Write the names of sportswomen in given space by reading the hints given:
(a) Holds record for scoring maximum runs in a test innings – Mitali Raj
(b) First Indian woman footballer to play for an English club – Aditi Chauhan
(c) Possesses 33 international medals including 13 golds – P.T. Usha
(d) Possesses 31 gold, 23 silver and 7 bronze medals till date – Anjali Bhawat
(e) Won first international title at the age of eight years – P.V Sindhu
(f) Won a silver medal at Olympics – P.V Sindhu
(g) Trained by Mahavir – The Phogat sisters
(h) A supporter of Animal Rights – Mary Kom
(i) Won 41 WTA and 4 ITF titles – Sania Mirza
So, these were Champion Women Questions & Answers.