Hi Everyone!! This article will share Falling Leaves Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by Margaret Cameron. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Tintin the Comic Hero, A Good Deed Comes Round and Television as God so, you can check these posts as well.
Falling Leaves Questions & Answers
- Crimson – dark red in colour
- Chestnut – a large tree that produces glossy hard brown nuts
- Hawthorn – a thorny shrub or small tree with white or red or pink flowers
- Lime – a tree that bears small juicy fruits
- Boughs – branches of a tree
- Maple – a tall tree with Ieaves that have five points and turn bright red or yellow in the autumn
- Ruddy – red-coloured
- Cower – bend low or move backwards because of fear
- Swollen – larger than normal
Question 1: Complete the following sentences:
1. The leaves are falling because it is the autumn season.
2. By the phrase, ‘the leaves that ne’er will be green again’ the poet suggests that they are dying leaves which are about to fall.
3. Five trees that shed their leaves in autumn are chestnut, hawthorn lime, oak and maple.
4. ‘A carpet bright’ refers to the thick layer of leaves shed by the trees the previous night.
5.The words ‘cower, and shelter, and cling, trembling and frightened’ give the impression that the leaves are falling and they are terrified.
6. The wind is called ‘cruel’ because it mercilessly blows down the leaves.
7. The wind drives the leaves with his unkind breath.
8. The line ‘ships that hasten to harbour and sigh’ suggests that just like the ships that make their way in a hurry to the harbour, these sad leaves bid farewell as they fall.
Question 2: Read the extract and answer the questions.
‘All down the stream, on its swollen tide,
Float the leaves, like ships in which fairies ride,’
(a) Where do the leaves fall?
Answer: The leaves fall in the stream.
(b) Why is it described as swollen tide?
Answer: The swollen tide refers to the stream full of water.
(c) What are the rhyming words in these two lines?
Answer: The rhyming words in these two lines are ‘tide’ and ‘ride’.
So, these were Falling Leaves Questions & Answers.