Hi Everyone!! This article will share Ghost Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of A Story of True Love, The Gift of The Magi and Insatiable Greed so, you can check these posts as well.
Ghost Questions & Answers
Question 1: Fill in the blanks:
1. A young man belonging to a wealthy and highly respected middle-class family.
2. About a month passed without the young Latitudinarian being heard of.
3. Every citizen has an equal right to the protection of the State.
4. As soon as it was dark, four men got into a closed carriage in the yard.
5. The four men went to the churchyard, which lay at the end of the village.
6. Everything was as still as death, and not a soul was to be seen.
7. The police director looked about in the neighbourhood of it.
Question 2: Choose the correct option:
1. The police director asked for further __________.
2. As soon as it was dark four men got into a closed carriage in the yard of the police office and were driven in the direction of the _____________.
3. Everything was as still as death, and not a _________ was to be seen.
4. The police director had the chapel ___________ and went in with the young Latitudinarian.
5. Suddenly the ___________ turned in the lock.
6. The Jesuit, followed by the superstitious___________, walked three times round the grave.
(a) young man
(b) old man
(c) old lady
Question 3: What help did the young man seek from the police?
Answer: The young man wanted the police’s him to investigate about the conspiracy of the Catholic Church and the clergy against his paternal property.
Question 4: Did the police help the young man first time?
Answer: No, the police did not help the young man first time. He said that the young boy’s father was in full possession of all his mental faculties and could dispose of all his property exactly as he would please. He thought that the boy’s protest was premature and he must wait until his father’s will could legally take effect, and then he could invoke the aid of justice.
Question 5: What did the young man tell the police about his father and mother?
Answer: The young man said about his father that he was a superstitious man and he threatened to disinherit him from his property. About his mother, the young man said that she was consumptive for many years, and a few weeks before her death she went to the village where she died and was buried.
Question 6: How did the police help the young man?
Answer: He said about his father that he was a superstitious man and he threatened to disinherit him from his property. About his mother, the young man said that she was consumptive for many years, and a few weeks before her death she went to the village where she died and was buried.
Question 7: Was it a ghost of the young man’s mother?
Answer: No, the ghost was not of the young man’s mother. It was the s*xton, who had put on a flowing white dress and wore a wax mask, which bore a striking resemblance to the young man’s mother.
Question 8: Why was all that game organised by Father Jesuit?
Answer: All that game was organised by Father Jesuit to grab the whole property of the old man.
Question 9: What happened in the end?
Answer: In the end, the culprits were arrested and that incident brought about reconciliation between father and son.
So, these were Ghost Questions & Answers.