Hi Everyone!! This article will share Indigenous Games Of India Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of Foreign Lands, Sindbad The Sailor and Paper Boats so, you can check these posts as well.
Indigenous Games Of India Questions & Answers
Question 1: What are indigenous games?
Answer: Indigenous games are the games that are native to a region. These games originate in a particular region or country and have characteristics of its culture and traditions.
Question 2: What was chess originally called in India?
Answer: In India, chess was originally called Ashtapada.
Question 3: Name a popular contact sport of India.
Answer: Kabbadi or Hu-tu-tu is a popular contact sport of India.
Question 4: Name the most popular tag game in India.
Answer: Kho-kho is the most popular tag game in India.
Question 5: Describe the rules of ‘Spinning top’ in brief.
Answer: ‘Spinning top’ has very simple rules. All the players have to go for spinning the top at the same time for the toss. It is decided by the top being spun and picked up quickest with the rope as quick as possible.
Question 6: Match the columns:
|Column A||Column B|
|1. Kaana Moochi||a. Spinning Top|
|2. Pitthoo Garam||b. Hopscotch|
|3. Hu-tu-tu||c. Marble|
|4. Kith-Kith||d. Seven Stones|
|5. Lattoo||e. Hide and Seek|
|6. Kancha/Goli||f. Kabbadi|
Question 7: Fill in the blanks:
1. Indigenous games are native to a region.
2. The Lattoo is a small oval shaped piece of wood.
3. There are seven players in each team of Kabaddi.
4. The spinning top is more popular among boys.
5. A chess board has 64 squares.
Question 8: Guess the game:
1. Played with seven stones – Pitthoo
2. Cowrie shells are used for movement – Ashtpada
3. A game with seven members in each team – Kabaddi
4. Children hop on one leg – Kith kith
5. Played with five pieces of small stones – Gutte
So, these were Indigenous Games Of India Questions & Answers.