Hi Everyone!! This article will share Old Brer Rabbit Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of Tommy’s Five Senses, A Tiger in The Storeroom and On The Way Home so, you can check these posts as well.
Old Brer Rabbit Questions & Answers
- Clearing up a ground – removing dried grass and stones
- Sneaked – followed secretly
- Was up to something – was quietly planning something
- Astonished – surprised
- Tilted over – turned over
- Safe and sound – unharmed and well
Question 1: Choose the correct meanings of the sentences:
1. Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox were like some children I know.
(a) Uncle Remus knew some children whose names were Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox.
(b) Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox behaved like little children.
2. Both of them were always after one another.
(a) Both of them chased each other.
(b) Both of them were always nasty to each other.
3. Now Brer Fox always had one eye on Brer Rabbit.
(a) Brer Fox closely watched Brer Rabbit.
(b) Brer Fox watched Brer Rabbit with only one eye.
4. But he couldn’t make head nor tail of it at all.
(a) He couldn’t understand what happened.
(b) He couldn’t put Brer Rabbit’s head or tail together.
Question 2: Fill in the blanks to complete the flow chart.
Brer Rabbit got into a bucket to take a quiet nap……..As soon as he got into the bucket, it went down into the well……At first, Brer Rabbit felt very scared as he could not move………Brer Fox thought that Brer Rabbit had kept his money in the well……….Brer Rabbit told him that he was fishing……….He invited Brer Fox to help him bring out the fish……When Brer Fox got into the bucker, it went down into the well.
Question 3: Choose the correct answers.
1. Why didn’t Brer Rabbit rest though he was tired?
(a) He thought that the others would call him lazy.
(b) He did not like to rest.
2. When Brer Rabbit jumped into one bucket, what happened to the other bucket?
(a) The other bucket went up.
(b) The other bucket went down.
3. Who came up when Brer Fox went down into the well?
(a) Brer Rabbit came up.
(b) Brer Bear came up.
Question 4: Write True or False:
1. Brer Rabbit told everyone he was tired and was going to rest – False
2. Brer Rabbit was afraid to jump inside the bucket – False
3. Brer Fox could see Brer Rabbit inside the well – False
4. Brer Fox jumped into the second bucket – True
5. Brer Fox got stuck in the well – True
Question 5: Who were clearing the ground?
Answer: Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Coon, Brer Bear and a whole lot of them were clearing the ground.
Question 6: Why did Brer Rabbit feel tired?
Answer: Brer Rabbit felt tired because the sun was hot.
Question 7: Why did Brer Fox sneak up after Brer Rabbit?
Answer: Brer Fox sneaked up after Brer Rabbit because he knew that Brer Rabbit was up to something.
Question 8: How was Brer Rabbit feeling sitting all alone inside the bucket?
Answer: Brer Rabbit was feeling very scared when he was sitting alone inside the bucket.
Question 9: Which part of the story was the funniest? Which part of the story surprised you?
Answer: The part in the story where Brer Fox gets fooled by Brer Rabbit for jumping into the second bucket is the funniest part of the story. This part of the story surprised me because it showed how easily Brer Fox got outwitted by Brer Rabbit.
Question 10: Did Brer Rabbit like to work? How do you know this from the story?
Answer: No, Brer Rabbit did not like to work. He gets tired easily. This shows that he has no interest in work.
Question 11: Brer Rabbit pretends to have a thorn in his palm. What does this tell you about him?
Answer: Brer Rabbit pretends to have a thorn in his paw. This shows us that Brer Rabbit was a trickster and a cheater.
Question 12: What do you think Brer Fox did once he was out of the well?
Answer: Brer Fox will perhaps go after Brer Rabbit after he gets out of the well.
So, these were Old Brer Rabbit Questions & Answers.