Hi Everyone!! This article will share Open Secret Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of The Pied Piper of Hamelin, Peter Has a Great Laugh and The Elves and The Shoemaker so, you can check these posts as well.
Open Secret Questions & Answers
- Shepherd – a person who looks after the sheep
- Duel – a contest between two people or teams
- Melody – a tune or song
- Harp – a musical instrument
- But – here, except
- Furious – very angry
- Kept his words – To keep his promise
- Got the secret off his chest – to tell the secret to everyone
Question 1: Complete the sentences:
1. Pan was the God of Shepherds.
2. Pan challenged Apollo to a musical duel.
3. Pan played the flute.
4. Apollo played the harp.
5. One of the judges was the King Midas.
6. King Midas preferred Pan’s music.
7. Apollo was furious.
8. The king grew donkey ears.
9. The only person who saw his ears was his barber.
Question 2: Why did Pan challenge Apollo to a musical duel?
Answer: Pan challenged Apollo to a musical duel because he thought that his flute could produce a more beautiful melody than Apollo’s harp.
Question 3: How did King Midas get donkey ears?
Answer: King Midas got donkey ears as a punishment by Apollo.
Question 4: Why did King Midas wear hats, helmets and scarves?
Answer: King Midas wore hats, helmets and scarves to hide his big donkey ears.
Question 5: Why did the barber go up to the top of the hill?
Answer: The barber was finding it very difficult to keep the king’s secret. So, he went up to the top of the hill and dug a hole in the middle of the ground.
Question 6: Read the lines and answer the questions:
His barber kept his word. But keeping such a huge secret to himself was driving him crazy.
(a) Whose barber was he?
Answer: He was King Midas’s barber.
(b) What secret did he let out finally?
Answer: The secret he let out finally was that the King had donkey ears.
(c) How was the secret let out?
Answer: The barber whispered the king’s secret into the hole that he dug up in the mountain. Since, the sound travels quickly in the mountains so, the entire kingdom came to know about this secret.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.