Hi Everyone!! This article will share Rabindranath Tagore Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of King Soloman, Cinderella and The National Anthem so, you can check these posts as well.
Rabindranath Tagore Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. Rabindranath Tagore was born in ________.
2. Rabindranath Tagore began to write poetry at the young age of ________.
3. He married Mrinalini Devi in ________.
4. If one looks at Tagore’s many achievements, one can say he made his greatest contributions through the power of his_______
(c) political influence
(d) all of these
5. He died at the age of ________.
Question 2: Write True or False for the following sentences:
1. Rabindranath’s mother had a large family to look after – True
2. At seventeen, he was sent to England for higher studies – True
3. He decided to open a hospital – False
4. He wrote the National Anthem of India – True
5. Tagore’s parents were worried about his marriage – False
Question 3: Fill in the blanks:
1. Rabi had a wonderful sense of humour.
2. He loved the simple songs of the farmers.
3. He wanted to do much more for India.
4. The partition of Bengal in 1905 disturbed him deeply.
5. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature.
Question 4: Who was being supposed to keep an eye on Rabindranath Tagore?
Answer: Iswar was supposed to keep an eye on Rabindranath Tagore.
Question 5: What did Rabindranath’s father offer to him shortly after his marriage?
Answer: Rabindranath’s father offered him charge of land at Kushthia shortly after his marriage.
Question 6: What idea did Rabindranath share with his wife Mrinalini Devi?
Answer: Ravindra Nath Tagore shared the idea of opening a school in Shantiniketan with his wife.
Question 7: What was Rabindranath’s behaviour towards the poor? How did he help them?
Answer: Rabindranath’s behaviour towards the poor was very kind. He helped the poor by expelling them from superstitious things.
Question 8: Which famous songs did Gurudev Rabindranath write?
Answer: Gurudev Rabindranath wrote the following famous songs:
- Amar sonar Bangla, ami tomay bhalo basi….(My golden Bengal, I love you) which was later made into the National Anthem of Bangladesh.
- Jana, Gana, Mana…which was adopted as the National Anthem of India.
So, these were Rabindranath Tagore Questions & Answers.