Hi Everyone!! This article will share The Battle of the Champions Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of The Shadow of Buddha, The Trojan War and You are Old, Father William so, you can check these posts as well.
The Battle of the Champions Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. The banyan tree was older than
2. The author’s first friend was a small grey
3. What did the author build in the tree?
a. a room
b. a shelf
c. a crude platform
4. A fight between a mongoose and a cobra was referred as
a. battle of champions
b. battle of reptiles
c. battle of losers
5. Besides the author, the other two spectators were
a. the author’s grandparents
b. The myna and the jungle crow
c. a squirrel and a myna
Question 2: Fill in the blanks:
1. When the banyan tree was full of small red figs, birds of all kinds would flock into its branches.
2. Halfway up the tree, I had built a crude platform where I would spend the afternoons.
3. At the same time a mongoose emerged from the bushes and went straight for the cobra.
4. Though the combatants were unaware of my presence in the tree, they were soon made aware of the arrival of two other spectators.
5. His great hood came down so swiftly that I thought nothing could save the mongoose.
Question 3: Match the following:
|Column A||Column B|
|1. Small grey||a. Bulbul|
|2. Small red||b. Mongoose|
|3. Red bottomed||c. Cobra|
|4. Superb fighter||d. Figs|
|5. Broad hood||e. Squirrel|
Answer: 1-e, 2-d, 3-a, 4-b, 5-c
Question 4: Write True or False:
1. The banyan tree belongs to author’s grandfather – False
2. The cobra defeated the mongoose – False
3. The author’s first friend was a squirrel – True
4. There were five spectators of the battle – False
5. The crow died during the battle – True
Question 5: Why was the author so attached to the banyan tree?
Answer: The author was so attached to the banyan tree because the tree’s branches formed a number of twisting passages for him that used to give him endless pleasure. Also, he could hide it its branches, behind thick green leaves and could spy on the world below. Moreover, the author used to spend his afternoons with the tree and even made a small library in its branches.
Question 6: How did the squirrel become a friend of the author?
Answer: When the squirrel found that the author was not armed with catapult or air gun, it became friendly. Also, when he started giving it pieces of cake and biscuit, it grew bold and soon started taking morsels from his hand. That is how the squirrel become a friend of the author.
Question 7: Describe how the author spent his afternoons on the tree?
Answer: Halfway up the tree, the author had built a crude platform where he would the afternoons when it was not too hot. He would read there propping himself up against the tree with a cushion from the living room. When he did not feel like reading, he would look down through the leaves at the world below.
Question 8: When did the banyan tree become a noisy place?
Answer: In the spring, when the banyan tree was full of small red figs, birds of all kinds would flock into its branches; the red-bottomed bulbul, cheerful and greedy; parrots, myna and crows squabbling with one another. During the fig season, the banyan tree was the noisiest place in the garden.
So, these were The Battle of the Champions Questions & Answers.