Hi Everyone!! This article will share A Beautiful Day Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by William Wordsworth. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of The Big Baboon, The Boy and The Robbers and A Family on The Roof so, you can check these posts as well.
A Beautiful Day Questions & Answers
- Twitter – make a series of short, high sounds (usually birds)
- Glitter – sparkle; shine brightly with little flashes of light
- Grazing – (cattle) eating grass in a field
- Retreated – moved away or back
- Fare ill – exist with difficulty
- Ploughboy – a boy who leads the animals that draw a plough
- Whooping – expressing joy and excitement with a loud cry
- Prevailing – existing
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. The stream is _________.
2. There’s _________ in the mountains.
Question 2: Match the words describing actions with the doers of the actions.
|1. sailing||a. stream|
|2. grazing||b. ploughboy|
|3. crowing||c. cattle|
|4. twittering||d. cock|
|5. flowing||e. clouds|
|6. glittering||f. birds|
|7. sleeping||g. lake|
|8. whooping||h. green field|
Answer: 1-e, 2-c, 3-d, 4-f, 5-a, 6-g, 7-h, 8-b
Question 3: Who are the people working?
Answer: The oldest, the youngest and the strongest people are working.
Question 4: What does the line mean: ‘There are forty feeding like one’?
Answer: The line means that the cattle are feeding together without even raising their heads and they are looking like one animal.
Question 5: What season does the poem describes?
Answer: The poem describes the spring season.
Question 6: What is the ploughboy doing?
Answer: The ploughboy is making loud cries just to shout with joy.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.