Hi Everyone!! This article will share A Journey is in The Offing Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by J.K Sarma. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of On The Day of Holi, What Does Little Birdie Say and Chandrayan – l A Mission To The Moon so, you can check these posts as well.
A Journey is in The Offing Questions & Answers
- Trip – a journey for pleasure
- Ride – a journey
- In the offing – to be possible
- or so – approximately
- won’t be – will not be
- Too long – very long
- Indeed – really
- Test – to measure one’s knowledge
Question 1: Complete the following sentences (with words given within brackets)
1. The boy _______ us to go with him. (ask/invite/order)
2. He is ready to ________ on a rocket (fly/sail/set)
3. He has a _______ to take us for a ride on the rocket. (Permit, licence, copy book)
4. The rocket is waiting just _______ (inside/backside)/outside)
5. The trip will be very ________ (pleasant/trouble/free/tough)
6. If time ________ we may visit Mars. (permit /allow/give)
7. It will take _______ one month for the trip (less than/approximately/more than)
8. A trip to the moon is _______ (possible/impossible/easy)
Question 2: Write the opposite words:
1. Possible – impossible
2. Pleasant – unpleasant
3. Fail – pass
4. Outside – inside
5. Too long – too short
Question 3: Write a few pairs of the rhyming words from the poem.
Answer: Moon-soon, mars-stars, ride-outside.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.