Hi Everyone!! This article will share Ceiling To The Stars Questions & Answers.
Written by Artie Knapp, this poem is a modern poem based on a child’s imagination. In this poem, the poet talks about how he would like to travel to Mars and Saturn on a spaceship and enjoy the thrills of the outer space.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of Living Free, Fluff and The Lost Camel so, you can check these posts as well.
Ceiling To The Stars Questions & Answers
- Outer space – the empty area surrounding the sun, the stars and the planets
- Mars – a planet in the solar system that is close to Earth
- Saturn’s rings – here, the speaker is talking about a large planet far from Earth which has many rings around it
- Stay put – be in the same place and not move
- Ship – here, spaceship – a vehicle that carries people or things to the moon and the planets
Question 1: Read and answer the questions:
“That’s where I will be…”
(a) Where does the speaker want to be?
Answer: The speaker wants to go to outer space and visits the stars and the planets.
(b) What does he want to do there?
Answer: He wants to enjoy the thrills of outer space.
Question 2: Read and answer the questions:
“…Is the first place I will go!”
(a) Where does the speaker want to go first?
Answer: The speaker first wants to go to Mars.
(b) Where will he go after that?
Answer: He then wants to go to Saturn.
Question 3: Why does the speaker decide to stay back in the end?
Answer: In the end, the speaker decides to stay back because he wants to have his lunch at noon.
Question 4: Pick out the words from the poem which rhyme with
(a) see – be
(b) room – noon
So, these were Ceiling To The Stars Questions & Answers.