Hi Everyone!! This article will share Mothers Are For Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by Dorothy Hewett. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of A Fairy Went A Marketing, Midnight Fun, Rip Van Winkle and Pinocchio Becomes A Real Boy so, you can check these posts as well.
Mothers Are For Questions & Answers
- Aches – feels continuous dull pain
- Cuddling – holding somebody close in arms
- Favourite – like something more than other of the same kind
- Folks – people in general
- Jokes – things that you say or do to make people laugh
- Joys – feelings of great happiness
- Pushing – moving part of your body in a particular direction
- Share – to have the same feeling, ideas, experience, etc., as somebody else
- Snuggle – to get into a comfortable position, especially close to somebody
- Sorrows – feelings of great sadness
- Tummy – stomach or the area around the stomach
- Yummy – delicious
- Weep – to cry out of sadness
Question 1: Write four things that your mother does for you.
Answer: The four things that my mother does for me are:
- She wakes me up daily.
- She cooks food for me.
- She helps me in my study.
- She plays with me.
Question 2: Now, write four things you do for your mother.
Answer: Four things that I do for your mother are:
- I help her in doing her household work.
- I take her to the market to do grocery shopping.
- I help her in serving guests.
- I also help her in making presentations for her office work.
Question 3: Mothers are for loving you, but sometimes they scold you too. Why do you think they do so? [Choose the correct option.]
(a) They don’t love you.
(b) They love you.
(c) They love you and therefore, want to protect you and make you do the right things.
Question 4: What does your mother do when your tummy aches?
Answer: When my tummy aches, my mother nurses me back to health.
Question 5: The poet talks about mothers who shower care and affection on their kids. Find out action words from the poem that show a mother’s love and affection.
Answer: Few action words from the poem that show a mother’s love and affection are:
Loving, sharing, laughing, helping, pushing, swings, kissing, baking, nursing, cuddling.
Question 6: Write True or False for the following statements:
1. Mothers are for hating you – False
2. Mothers are for sharing – True
3. Mothers are for weeping – False
4. Mothers are for helping – True
So, these were the Questions & Answers.