Hi Everyone!! This article will share The Crane and The Crab Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of White Sheep, Sheebu The Sheep and White Lily so, you can check these posts as well.
The Crane and The Crab Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option.
1. The pond started drying up because
(a) it was a small pond.
(b) the weather was hot and dry.
(c) the fish drank up all the water in the pond.
2. The crane told the fish that it would
(a) take them to another pond.
(b) find another pond for them.
(c) take only some fish to another pond.
3. The crane took the crab up in the air
(a) in its beak.
(b) on its neck.
(c) on its wings.
Question 2: Mark the sentences as True or False.
1. The pond that the fish lived in became dry as there was no rain that year – True
2. The crane was a good friend to the fish and told them about a new pond – False
3. The fish did not know that the crane was going to eat them one by one – True
4. The fish were not foolish. They thought the crane was their trusted friend – False
5. The crab knew the crane’s plan so he asked to hold on to the crane’s neck – True
Question 3: How did the crane make the fish believe its words?
Answer: The crane made the fish believe its words by showing the pond to the fish.
Question 4: What did the crane do to the fish?
Answer: The crane ate up all the fish in the pond.
Question 5: Read the lines and answer the questions:
How clever I am! The foolish fish.
They never got to know my plan.
(a) Was the crane sorry for the fish?
Answer: No, the crane wasn’t sorry for the fish.
(b) What was the crane’s plan?
Answer: The crane’s plan was to eat up all the fishes in the pond by showing them another pond full of water.
Question 6: Who was clever – the crane or the crab? Give reasons for your answer.
Answer: The crab was clever. This is because as the crab came to know of the crane’s plan, he tightly held its neck and so, the crane fell down. The crab had a nice meal for days to come.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.