Hi Everyone!! This article will share The Hut Questions & Answers.
Written by Hilda van Stockum, this poem is about a brother and sister who build a hut together. It is a small hut and can’t stand the rain, but they are happy under it and act like they are dry.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of Snake Trouble, Clever Tenali Raman and Don Quixote and The Windmills so, you can check these posts as well.
The Hut Questions & Answers
- Twigs that bowed and met above – twigs were bent and put up on top of the hut to make the frame of the roof
- Leaves to cover it – the twigs were covered by leaves to complete the roof of the hut
- Puddle – a small amount of rainwater collected in one place on the ground
- Puddles at our feet – the hut was built over a sand pit and when it rained, a puddle was formed at the floor of the hut
- Smiled through strands of dripping hair, Because we felt so dry – the rain poured through the thin roof of leaves and made them wet but they acted like they were dry
Question 1: Who built the hut?
Answer: The speaker and her brother built the hut.
Question 2: Where was the hut built?
Answer: The hut was built over a sandy pit.
Question 3: How was the roof of the hut made?
Answer: The twigs were put up on top of the hut and covered it with leaves.
Question 4: We’d be sure to drown Why did the speaker say that they would drown?
Answer: The speaker said that they would drown if they were not under the hut.
Question 5: Read these sentences. Write Yes if it is hyperbole. Write No if it is not.
1. I am so hungry I could eat an elephant – Yes
2. Smriti thanked me a million times – Yes
3. Sunday is the best day of the week – No
4. Samar’s shirt was so bright that it hurt my eyes – Yes
So, these were The Hut Questions & Answers.