Hi Everyone!! This article will share A Day in a Jungle Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of The Dolphin and The Shark, The Dragon Rock and The Goat Adventure so, you can check these posts as well.
A Day in a Jungle Questions & Answers
Question 1: Fill in the blanks:
1. The children and their parents went on a jungle safari in a sanctuary.
2. They saw a porcupine bristling its quills.
3. The guide was looking through its binoculars when he spotted a leopard.
4. Unlike leopards, tigers and lions find it difficult to climb trees because of their weight and large size.
5. The guide was trying to track the tiger by listening to the animal’s call.
Question 2: Why were the children very excited early in the morning?
Answer: The children were very excited early in the morning because it was their first visit to the jungle with their parents.
Question 3: Why had the leopard taken its kill up on the tree?
Answer: The leopard had taken its kill up on the tree so that it could not get snatched away by a tiger or a hyena.
Question 4: Why is the rhino’s horn described as its very own dagger to fight with?
Answer: The rhino’s horn has been described as ‘its very own dagger to fight with’ because the rhino uses it as a weapon during its fight with other animals.
Question 5: What did the family see from the machan?
Answer: From the machan, the family saw langurs on the treetops and many birds as well.
Question 6: What did the guide ask the ranger and why?
Answer: The guide asked the ranger if he had heard any animal call because he was trying to track down a tiger by listening to the animal’s call.
Question 7: Read the lines and answer the questions:
1. ‘Those look like they would really hurt!’
(a) Who spoke these words?
Answer: Jaya spoke these words.
(b) What is referred to as ‘they’ here?
Answer: The porcupines are referred to as ‘they’ here.
(c) What is the name of the animal being spoken about?
Answer: The name of the animal being spoken about is porcupine.
2. ‘We, humans, have remarkable intelligence. With it, not only can we protect ourselves but also help our animal friends.’
(a) Who spoke these lines?
Answer: Jaya’s mother spoke these lines.
(b) Why did the speaker say these words?
Answer: The speaker said these words because Jaya wanted to know about the special qualities of humans.
(c) Were the listeners happy with these words?
Answer: The listeners agreed to what their mother said and were very happy.
So, these were A Day in a Jungle Questions & Answers.