Hi Everyone!! This article will share A Pocketful of Sympathy Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by Alison Cassidy. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of The Tug of War, Chuskit Goes To School, Thunder Cake and The Dark so, you can check these posts as well.
A Pocketful of Sympathy Questions & Answers
- Sympathy – understanding and care for someone else’s suffering
- Stinging – causing sharp, temporary pain
- Bruise – injury where the skin has not been broken but is darker in colour
- Lindsay’s Magic Pudding – The Magic Pudding is a children’s book written by Norman Lindsay. It is a comic fantasy.
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. What can some sympathy do?
(a) stop a scratch from stinging
(b) stop you from getting hurt
(c) help you make new friends
2. What does a pocketful of sympathy cost?
(a) lakhs of rupees
(b) absolutely nothing
Question 2: According to the speaker, what can a pocketful of sympathy help with?
Answer: According to the speaker, a pocketful of sympathy can help with the following things:
- Can stop a scratch from stinging.
- Can stop a bruise from turning black and blue.
- Can stop a heart from hurting.
- Can catch a falling tear.
Question 3: How is sympathy wonderful?
Answer: Sympathy is wonderful because it costs nothing and canstop a scratch from stinging, a bruise from turning black and blue, stop a heart from hurting and can catch a falling tear and helps in lessening the pain.
Question 4: Why does the speaker compare sympathy with ‘plaster’? How are the two similar?
Answer: The speaker compares sympathy with ‘plaster’ because as the plaster helps in giving protection to our injury from any accidental knocks, similarly, sympathy can help in consoling the heart which is hurt. A few words of sympathy can help in taking away the pain of the other person and can make him feel good. It can speed up the healing process of the person who is hurt just like a plaster does.
Question 5: How do you leave behind more sympathy when you show sympathy to someone?
Answer: When we show sympathy to someone who is hurt, that person feels good and it helps to soothe him down. This helps in winning the heart of that person and he also feels the same for us.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.