Hi Everyone!! This article will share Aunt Polly and Naughty Tom Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, After Twenty Years and The Old Brown Horse so, you can check these posts as well.
Aunt Polly and Naughty Tom Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. What kind of boy was Tom?
2. Aunt Polly wanted to punish Tom because
a. he had bunked his school many times.
b. he had stolen jam.
c. he had beaten a boy.
3. Aunt Polly loved Tom because
a. he was her own son.
b. he was her dead sister’s son.
c. he was a very naughty boy.
4. When Ben came near Tom he
a. asked Ben to leave.
b. ate Ben’s apple.
c. ignored Ben and went on working hard.
Question 2: Fill in the blanks:
1. Tom Sawyer’s parents had died.
2. Aunt Polly took her stick and raised it high.
3. The next day was Saturday and the school was off.
4. Tom picked up the brush and began working hard.
5. Tom did not answer him and went on working with great interest.
6. Ben even wanted to give his half-eaten apple to Tom.
7. He thought that nobody would whitewash the fence for the things he had.
8. As soon as Ben had worked hard and had done enough, other boys came along.
Question 3: Match the following:
|Column A||Column B|
|1. Tom Sawyer||a. half-eaten apple|
|2. Whitewash||b. school off|
|3. Ben||c. naughty boy|
|4. Saturday||d. fence|
Answer: 1-c, 2-d, 3-a, 4-b
Question 4: Write True or False:
1. Tom had no relation with Aunt Polly – False
2. Tom was not a sincere boy – True
3. Tom was never punished by his aunt – False
4. Ben gave his half-eaten apple to Tom to get a chance to whitewash the fence – True
5. Tom was too much interested in whitewashing the fence – False
Question 5: How did Tom save himself?
Answer: When Aunt Polly took her stick to strike Tom hard, Tom asked Aunt to look behind her. When Aunt looked behind her, Tom took the chance, ran out of the house, climbed over the fence and soon, he was far away. That is how, he saved himself.
Question 6: What was Tom’s intention when he picked up the brush?
Answer: When Tom picked up the brush, his intention was that somebody else would whitewash the fence for the things he had.
Question 7: How did he try to attract Ben for doing his work?
Answer: When Ben was coming down the street, Tom pretended not to see him and went on working with great interest. Ben stood there and was amazed to see Tom. Tom told him that he was doing an interested work and it was fun to do that. So, Ben requested Tom to let him whitewash the fence. Even, he was ready to give his half-eaten apple to Tom. That is how, he attracted Ben for doing his work.
Question 8: Who was Ben and what did he request Tom?
Answer: Ben was Tom’s friend and he requested Tom to let him whitewash the fence.
Question 9: Who completed the task given to Tom by Aunt Polly and why?
Answer: Ben and some other boys completed the task given to Tom by Aunt Polly because they found the task of whitewashing the fence quite interesting and wanted to do it.
So, these were Aunt Polly and Naughty Tom Questions & Answers.