Hi Everyone!! This article will share Chandrayan – 1 A Mission to the Moon Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Day By Day I Float My Paper Boats and Do You know Me so, you can check these posts as well.
Chandrayan – 1 A Mission to the Moon Questions & Answers
Question 1: What is the difference between a satellite and a spacecraft?
Answer: A satellite moves round the earth, but a spacecraft moves into the space away from the earth.
Question 2: How many missions to the moon have been carried so far?
Answer: There have been sixty-eight missions to the moon so far.
Question 3: Where is Srihorikota?
Answer: Sriharikota is an island in the east coast of Andhra Pradesh. It is about 100 km from Chennai and it lies in the Bay of Bengal.
Question 4: How many Indian scientific instruments were there in the Chandrayan-1?
Answer: There were five Indian scientific instruments in the Chandrayan-1.
Question 5: Who was the first man to walk on the moon?
Answer: Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon.
Question 6: Which instrument dropped the National flag on the moon?
Answer: The instrument MIPA dropped the National flag on the moon.
Question 7: Why 22nd October, 2008 is a red letter day for India?
Answer: October 22nd, 2008, is a red letter day for India. That day Sriharikota was busy with activities. People of India were anxious to hear about the success of Chandrayaan 1.
Question 8: Why are we proud of ISRO?
Answer: With the journey of Chandrayan-1, ISRO has become the world’s sixth organisation sending a spacecraft to the moon. So, we are proud of ISRO.
Question 9: Which is the only satellite of the earth?
Answer: The moon is the only satellite of the earth.
Question 10: Is there water on the moon?
Answer: Yes, there is water on the moon.
Question 11: Fill in the blanks:
1. The moon moves round the earth once in a month.
2. The success of Chandrayan-1 is the success of the scientists of ISRO.
3. ISRO started the space programme of India in 1969.
4. ISRO is the world’s sixth organisation sending spacecraft to the moon.
5. Once Sriharikota was a paradise for birds.
6. Rockets are launched from spaceport.
7. Sriharikota lies in the Bay of Bengal.
8. The name of the rocket sent up on 10th August, 1979 was SLV-3.
9. PSLV-CL 1 carried the spacecraft Chandrayan-1.
10. The mission of Chandrayan-1 was to collect information on the moon.
Question 12: Write True or False for the following sentences:
1. There is no water on the moon – False
2. Chandrayan-1 was a mission to the moon – True
3. Chandrayan-1 was a failure – False
4. The moon is a moving body in the sky – True
5. The scientists of ISRO were successful – True
6. It is not sure whether there is water on the moon – False
So, these were Chandrayan – 1 A Mission to the Moon Questions & Answers.