Hi Everyone!! This article will share Hopping Frog Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by Christina Rossetti. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of The Magical Book, A Good Boy and Rain in Summer so, you can check these posts as well.
Hopping Frog Questions & Answers
- Hopping – jumping on two feet at the same time
- Pelt – throw
- Laced – decorated with lace, that is, a fabric with open patterns
- Let each other alone – not disturb each other
- Plodding – walking with heavy steps
- Scorn – feeling that someone is worthless
- Crooked – bent
- You the finger of scorn is crooked at – people point at you saying you are worthless.
- Lumpish – rough and without shape
Question 1: Write whether the following statements are true or false.
1. The girl tries to catch the frog – False
2. The girl decides not to disturb the frog and says goodbye to it – True
3. The frog decides not to disturb the girl and says goodbye to her – False
4. The frog is a finger of scorn – False
5. The toad is lumpish. Therefore, it is dangerous – False
Question 2: What does this line mean: ‘I’ll not pelt you with stick or stone’?
(a) The girl does not have a stick or stone to pelt the frog with.
(b) The frog should be pelted with a stick or a stone, but the girl is not keen on doing that.
(c) People usually pelt the frog with a stick or a stone, but the girl is kind and will not do that.
Answer: People usually pelt the frog with a stick or a stone, but the girl is kind and will not do that.
Question 3: Is the frog really wearing a cap and a coat?
Answer: No, the frog is really wearing a cap and a coat. The poet is talking about frog’s head and skin.
Question 4: Why do people scorn the toad?
Answer: People think that toad is worthless so, they scorn the toad.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.