Hello Everyone!! Today, I am going to share the steps to Create a PowerPoint Presentation for a Kiosk or Trade Show Booth. After reading this tutorial, you will be able to automatically run shows in sales space and kiosks.
First, create a slideshow as you would do in any other presentation. Then, add your graphics, animations, content, and transitions. Set the timing of the animations right.
Also, add some audio to your PPT. You can also add some soft music in the background whereas the narrator can speak over the music. It is recommended to add the narrator’s voice to explain the textual content of your slides.
Adding background music to the whole presentation
- Click on Insert > Audio > Audio on my PC. Set its timing to match the narration.
- Then, the Insert Audio dialog window will open and show some of the audio files in your Music Library.
- Choose the audio file and then click on the Insert button.
- It will show that Audio is enabled by showing you and the Audio icon.
- When the Audio icon is selected, a new choice named Audio tools with two new tabs referred to as Playback and Format.
- The Playback tab gives a number of choices for customizing the features of the audio file with respect to your presentation.
- The Format tab includes a lot of assorted options for your audio.
- Inside the Audio Options group, choose Start: Automatically and Volume: Low. Then, check the following checkboxes: Loop Until Stopped, Play Across Slides and Hide During Show. This will ensure that your music will play until the slideshow stops running.
- Then, under Editing group, you can either choose the Fade duration if you want to fade the music in and out or Trim the Audio File if you want to crop the audio file to fit the overall time of presentation.
Configure your sound devices
- First, plug-in your microphone and configure the sound devices.
- Now, look for red-colored Stereo-In jack on your computer and plug-in your mic.
- Now, open the Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound.
- Then, locate the Sound submenu and choose Manage Audio Devices.
- In the Sound dialog box, click the Recording tab.
- Select Microphone and click OK.
- Turn your speakers on and talk into your mic to check it’s working properly.
Must Read: How To Improve Laptop Battery Life
Add Voiceover Narration to the presentation
1. For Narration on Individual slides
- Select the slide that uses narration.
- Enter a filename for your narration.
- When everything is complete, click the red-dot Record button.
- Then, record your script and click on the Stop button.
- Then, click OK.
2. For Narration throughout the Entire Slideshow
- Select View > Normal button in the Presentation Views group.
- Select the slide from where you want to begin the narration and choose Slide Show > Record Slide Show > Record from Current Slide.
- The next screen will fill your monitor with recording buttons on the top-left side.
- Click the Record button, then read your script and click the arrows to move to next screen.
- When finished recording, click the Stop button.
- Click the Replay button to listen to your narration.
Now, test your narration with the slides.
- Then, click Slide Show > Rehearse Timings.
- After the Last Slide ends, PowerPoint asks you if you want to save it. Then, click on Yes to save it.
- Finally, save the entire presentation again by pressing Ctrl + S.
Must Read: Best Antivirus to protect your PC
Set up the slideshow for Kiosk Presentation
- Choose Slide Show > Setup Slide Show.
- The Set-Up Slide Show dialog box opens.
- Then, click the Browsed at a kiosk radio button and click OK.
- Press F5 to view the completed kiosk presentation.
- Edit the PPT, then save the file again.
And that’s all. These were the steps to Create a PowerPoint Presentation for a Kiosk or Trade Show Booth. If you found this post informative then, please share it with your colleagues.