Hi Everyone!! This article will share Jagdish Chandra Bose Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of True Friends, Birthday Party and Day By Day I Float My Paper Boats so, you can check these posts as well.
Jagdish Chandra Bose Questions & Answers
Question 1: How have the plants not less feeling then men?
Answer: Plants have feeling not less than human beings. There is life in plants. They laugh, weep and become angry.
Question 2: What is a crescograph?
Answer: Crescograph is a highly sensitive instrument that can measure the growth of a plant. It helps to detect minute responses.
Question 3: Where did Jagdish Chandra Bose get his early education?
Answer: Jagdish Chandra Bose got his early education in the village school in Bengali medium.
Question 4: Why did Jagdish Chandra Bose refuse to draw his salary?
Answer: Jagdish Chandra Bose refused to draw his salary because he was offered less salary than the British lecturers.
Question 5: Who got the patent of electromagnetic waves?
Answer: Marconi got the patent of electromagnetic waves.
Question 6: What was done in the honour of Chandra Bose?
Answer: Indian Botanic Garden was named in the honour of Jagdish Chandra Bose as The Acharya Jagdish Chandra Bose Indian Botanic Garden.
Question 7: Choose the correct option:
(a) When was Jagdish Chandra Bose born?
(b) Where did Jagdish Chandra Bose go to study medicine?
(i) St. Xavier’s College
(iii) Cambridge University
(c) For how many years did Jagdish Chandra Bose not draw his salary?
(i) one year
(ii) two years
(iii) three years
(iv) four years
(d) When did Jagdish Chandra Bose retire from his service?
(e) What did Jagdish Chandra Bose call his laboratory?
(f) Which instrument can measure the growth of plants.
(g) When did Jagdish Chandra Bose die?
Question 8: Write True or False for the following statements:
1. There is life in plants – True
2. A British scientist proved life in plants – False
3. Jagdish Chandra Bose was sent to Calcutta to learn Bengali – False
4. Jagdish Chandra Bose got his B.Sc. Degree from Cambridge University – True
5. Jagdish Chandra Bose was a popular teacher – True
6. Jagdish Chandra Bose was given pension after retirement – False
7. Jagdish Chandra Bose was an institution in himself – True
Question 9: Fill in the blanks:
1. The hall was full of scientists.
2. An instrument was connected to the plant.
3. The root of the plant was put in poison.
4. Jagdish Chandra Bose became familiar with his culture.
5. He was offered less salary than British lecturers.
6. He carried out many experiments in the laboratory.
7. He tried to understand the secrets of nature.
So, these were Jagdish Chandra Bose Questions & Answers.