Hi Everyone!! This article will share Science and Technology in Our Lives Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of The Olympics, The Four Puppets and Uncle Podger Hangs a Picture so, you can go through these posts as well.
Science and Technology in Our Lives Questions & Answers
- Recreations – entertainments
- Tremendous – vast, extraordinary in size
- Precisions – accuracy
- Abandon – to give up
- Cozy – comfortable
- Obsession – strong desire
- Conveniences – facilities
- Conquered – won
- Enhanced – developed
- Appliances – machine
Question 1: Fill in the blanks:
1. Science has made a significant contribution in every branch of modern life.
2. Cures for diseases would not be as difficult or unaffordable as they were then.
3. It would be illogical to believe that we should abandon technology.
4. It is impossible to think of a world being run without technology.
5. We should make use of machines, but our life must not be mechanized.
Question 2: List any five household machines that have made life easier for us.
Answer: Five household machines that have made life easier for us are – cookers, washing machines, automatic mop, dishwashers and fridge.
Question 3: How has science conquered time and distance?
Answer: Science has no doubt conquered time and distance. We can travel from one place to another quickly, which our forefathers could not have dreamt of. Sitting at our homes, we can access worldwide events by merely switching on the television set. Through internet services, an e-mail reaches faraway places in just a couple of minutes and we get desired information instantly. At the present time, friends and family members are in touch constantly through phone calls and text messages.
Question 4: What is the contribution of science and technology in the field of medicine?
Answer: Science and technology has contributed a lot in the field of medicine. Various life-saving drugs have been developed to prevent life-threatening diseases. It is likely that soon robots and computer-controlled machines would be programmed to perform risky operations and procedures with amazing precision and accuracy.
Question 5: What are the ill effects of technology in the present time?
Answer: The technology has undoubtedly made our lives better but for their cozy comforts, people tend to be dependent on it so much that they can’t even imagine living without it. This pointless obsession and misuse of technology in our lives, has left us dependent and weak.
Question 6: How should we make use of technology to make our lives richer and better?
Answer: To make our lives richer and better, we should make use of machines, but our life must not be mechanized. We must try to be the masters of scientific appliances and not become their slaves. If we can do so, science will continue making our lives richer and better.
Question 7: State whether the following sentences are ‘true’ or ‘false’:
1. People tend to be over reliant on technology – True
2. It is possible to think of a world being run without technology – False
3. Various life-saving drugs have been developed to curb life-threatening diseases – True
4. Modern technology is machinery that makes life easier – True
5. Through internet services, an e-mail reaches faraway places in just a couple of hours – True
So, these were Science and Technology in Our Lives Questions & Answers.