Hi Everyone!! This article will share The Fox and The Grapes Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by Joseph Lauren. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of The Wolf and the House Dog, The Truth and Perseus and the Gorgon so, you can check these posts as well.
The Fox and The Grapes Questions & Answers
- Orchard – a place where fruit trees are grown
- Faint – weak
- Resist – control oneself
- Cluster – bunch
- Desperate – wanting something very much
Question 1: Read the poem carefully and fill in the blanks:
1. The Fox was feeling faint because it was summer and the Fox was hungry.
2. While passing through an orchard, he suddenly spotted a bunch of grapes.
3. He tried to get at it by jumping but always missed it.
4. He wiped his tearful eyes because he did not get the grapes.
5. Finally he decided to give up trying to pluck the grapes.
6. He comforted himself with the thought that he was going to have lunch in an hour’s time or the grapes were sour.
Question 2: Choose the answer closest in meaning to the phrases given below.
1. What does the Fox mean when he says that the ‘results were much same’?
(a) The Fox was able to reach the bunch of grapes.
(b) The Fox ate all the grapes himself.
(c) The Fox could not reach the grapes.
2. The ‘purple cluster’ means
(a) the purple-coloured berries.
(b) the purple-coloured grapes.
(c) the purple sky.
3. ‘The leaps were desperate and high’ because the Fox was
(a) extremely hungry and the grapes were very tempting.
(b) hungry and the grapes were not very high.
(c) neither hungry, nor fond of eating grapes
4. By saying the grapes were sour the Fox meant
(a) that the grapes were too sour to eat.
(b) that the grapes were beyond his reach and he did not want to admit defeat.
(c) that he was not interested in eating them anyway.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.