Hi Everyone!! This article will share The Nobel Peace Prize Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of Science and Technology in Our Lives, The Olympics and Uncle Podger Hangs a Picture so, you can go through these posts as well.
The Nobel Peace Prize Questions & Answers
- Apartheid – social discrimination based on colour/complexion
- Rehabilitation – to restore to former or usual state
- Illiteracy – the state of being unable to read and write
- Slavery – the state of working without being paid
- Triggered – caused an event to happen
- Empowerment – give (someone) the power to do something
- Treason – betrayal
- Autonomous – having the freedom to act independently
- Brutal – unpleasant or harsh
Question 1: Fill in the blanks:
1. Nobel Prizes are given each year in six subjects.
2. In 1944, Mandela helped to start the African National Congress Youth League.
3. Sir Alfred Nobel invented dynamite.
4. The first Nobel Prizes were given away in the year 1901.
5. Kailash Satyarthi shared the Nobel Prize in 2014 with Malala Yousafzai.
Question 2: Nobel Prizes are awarded in which subject areas?
Answer: Nobel Prizes are awarded in șix subject areas namely – Physics, Chemistry, Medicine, Literature, Peace and Economics.
Question 3: The Tibetan Chinese Peace Treaty was signed in which year?
Answer: The Tibetan Chinese Peace Treaty was signed in 1951.
Question 4: For what has Nelson Mandela been given the Nobel Prize?
Answer: Nelson Mandela has been given the Nobel Prize for his leadership and his anti-apartheid activism in South Africa.
Question 5: Why was the 14th Dalai Lama awarded the Nobel Peace Prize of 1989?
Answer: The 14th Dalai Lama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize of 1989 for his efforts to end Chinese dominance in Tibet.
Question 6: Which movement was started by Kailash Satyarthi to save children from exploitation?
Answer: ‘Bachpan Bachao Andolan’, was started by Kailash Satyarthi to save children from exploitation.
Question 7: Why did Kailash adopt the surname ‘Satyarthi’?
Answer: To raise a voice against the prevalent social evil of untouchability, Kailash dropped his family name and adopted ‘Satyarthi’ (English: Seeker of Truth) as his surname.
Question 8: What is the concept of book bank?
Answer: The book bank was an initiative to provide school books to children who couldn’t afford them.
Question 9: What is apartheid? Which Indian leader influenced Nelson Mandela?
Answer: Apartheid is a social discrimination based on colour. Mahatma Gandhi influenced Nelson Mandela.
Question 10: What was the real name of the 14th Dalai Lama? When and why was he installed the leader of Tibetan Buddhism?
Answer: The real name of the 14th Dalai Lama was Tenzin Gyatso. He was of Tibetan parentage, and Tibetan monks visited him when he was three and announced him to be the reincarnation of the late 13th Dalai Lama. At the age of five, in 1940, Tenzin Gyatso was taken to the Tibet’s capital Lhasa and was acknowledged as the leader of Tibetan Buddhism.
Question 11: Given below are some issues addressed by various Nobel Peace Prize laureates. Match their names with the issues addressed:
|Nobel Peace Prize Laureates||Issues Addressed|
|1. Nelson Mandela||a. child labour|
|2. The 14th Dalai Lama||b. anti-apartheid|
|3. Kailash Satyarthi||c. Chinese suppression|
So, these were The Nobel Peace Prize Questions & Answers.