Hi Everyone!! This article will share Life Doesn’t Frighten Me Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Durga and Opu, Persephone and Hades and Christmas Day in The Morning so, you can check these posts as well.
Life Doesn’t Frighten Me Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. The speaker has a long list of fears. She lists the fears to
(a) enable her get over them by naming them.
(b) help us realize everyone has fears.
(c) make us laugh by listing many fears.
(d) scare us by listing many fearful things.
2. The speaker’s tone in the poem is
3. Which of these did the speaker not feel scared of?
(a) Cloud shaped like a ghost.
(b) Dragon breathing fire.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Panthers walking in the park.
4. Where do you think the child is most likely to be as she lists her fears?
(a) playing in the park
(b) walking in the hall
(c) lying in her bed
(d) hiding in the closet
5. What helps the speaker get over her fears?
(a) a magic charm
(b) presence of grown ups
(c) her imagination
(d) she’s grown up
Question 2: Who do you think the speaker is? Why?
Answer: The speaker seems to be a young girl.
Question 3: Name the two things the child in the poem does to make fears vanish.
Answer: The child boos and shoos and makes fun of the things that try to frighten her.
Question 4: Explain the meaning of ‘Big ghosts in a cloud’.
Answer: It means the clouds that take frightening imaginative shapes. It means that the child sees the different shapes of the clouds covering moon and giving a ghost-like appearance.
Question 5: What does the child not fear in the ‘new classroom’?
Answer: The child does not fear the boys who bully others in the class.
Question 6: In the final stanza of the poem, why does the child repeat ‘Not at all’?
Answer: The child repeats ‘not at all’ to convince herself that the fears are unfounded.
Question 7: According to you, what are the best strategies to overcome your fears?
Answer: According to me, the best strategies to overcome the fears are:
- Using your imagination in positive ways that will give you power, creativity, and the ability to think outside the box.
- Practice deep breathing that will be helpful in calming yourself physically.
- Talking to a therapist is an excellent way to work through your fears and anxiety.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.