Hi Everyone!! This article will share Lonely Heart Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of To Autumn, On A Winter’s Night and Whatif so, you can check these posts as well.
Lonely Heart Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. The lady checked the letter-box eagerly but went back disappointed because
a. there was no letter for her.
b. nobody waited for her.
c. no one invited her for lunch or dinner.
2. Shekhar was attracted to the shelf studded with
3. The book that caught Shekhar’s fancy was
a. The Jungle Book
b. The Avengers
c. The Selfish Giant
Question 2: Fill in the blanks:
1. Shekhar had been pestering his father to allow him to take guitar lessons.
2. Sometimes, they would play games like word-making and Chinese-Checkers.
3. Didi treated Shekhar to a big bite of a delicious chocolate cake baked specially for him.
4. Shekhar thought of the postman, the empty letter-box and Didi’s eager eyes.
5. The letter-box was no longer going to be empty.
Question 3: Match the following:
|Column A||Column B|
|1. Mrs Jaya Sen||a. Guitar|
|2. Wolf||b. Oscar Wilde|
|3. The Selfish Giant||c. Bicycle|
|4. Shekhar||d. Alone|
|5. Postman||e. Skekhar’s dog|
Answer: 1-d, 2-e, 3-b, 4-a, 5-c
Question 4: Write True or False:
1. When the postman arrived, Shekhar was in his Uncle’s garden – True
2. Shekhar’s attention was diverted when he saw an old man – False
3. Didi’s actual name was Mrs Jaya Sen – True
4. Shekhar borrowed from Didi’s library a book by Ruskin Bond – False
5. One day, Didi invited Shekhar for tea – True
Question 5: How was Shekhar related to Mr Basu and what was he doing in the garden?
Answer: Shekhar was the nephew of Mr Basu. He was chasing butterflies in the garden.
Question 6: What peculiar thing did Shekhar notice about Didi?
Answer: Shekhar saw that Didi used to come out in balcony, stood there staring at postman, checked the letter-box and went back to house with disappointment.
Question 7: What was Shekhar’s plan and why did he visit Didi’s house regularly in the afternoons?
Answer: Shekhar’s plan was to visit Didi’s house regularly in the afternoons to remove her loneliness.
Question 8: What was the parting gift given by Didi to Shekhar?
Answer: Didi gave Shekhar a guitar as a parting gift.
Question 9: Whose letter would soon be received by Didi and why?
Answer: Didi would soon receive a letter from Shekhar and he became her friend.
So, these were Lonely Heart Questions & Answers.