Hi Everyone!! This article will share Noida Boy Climbs Peak Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Life Doesn’t Frighten Me, O Captain My Captain, Peter of Haarlem and Palanquin Bearers so, you can check these posts as well.
Noida Boy Climbs Peak Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. Arjun’s record of being the youngest to climb Mt. Everest was broken by
(a) a 12-year-old
(b) a 15-year-old
(c) a 13-year-old
2. Arjun wants to follow the footsteps of the legendary climber
(a) Sir Edmund Hillary
(b) Tenzing Norgay
(c) Reinhold Messner
3. Mt. Lhotse is ______ high.
(a) 8848 m
(b) 8516 m
(c) 8816 m
4. Arjun’s next stop is
(a) Mt. K2
(b) Mt. Kanchenjunga
(c) South Pole
5. Arjun Vajpai is from
(c) New Delhi
Question 2: Fill in the blanks.
1. Capt. Sanjiv Vajpai is Arjun’s father.
2. Arjun first started trekking in the Sahyadri Hills.
3. The Ryan International school student is set on a career of adventure.
4. Mt. Lhotse is just 332 metres lower than Mt. Everest.
5. Mt. Lhotse is the fourth highest peak in the world.
Question 3: Write True of False for the following sentences:
1. Arjun Vajpai was 18 years old when he climbed Everest – False
2. Mt. Lhotse is 332 metres higher than Everest – False
3. Arjun studied in Ryan International School – True
4. Arjun got enrolled in Nehru Institute of Mountaineering – True
5. The Lhotse climb is technically very different from Everest – True
Question 4: Where does Mt. Lhotse lie?
Answer: Mt. Lhotse lies in the shadow of the Everest, just south of the world’s highest peak.
Question 5: What is Arjun’s aim?
Answer: Arjun’s aim is to climb all 14 over 8,000 m peaks in the world.
Question 6: When was his record of climbing the first mountain shattered and by whom?
Answer: His record was shattered about an hour later by a 13-year-old American as he reached the peak.
Question 7: Who accompanied him in his climb?
Answer: He was accompanied by his Nepali climbing guides Naga Dorjee Sherpa, Nawang Sherpa and Nima Tshering Sherpa.
Question 8: How is the Lhotse climb different from that of Mt. Everest?
Answer: The Lhotse climb is very different from Everest. The Everest ascent is through a ridge but to go to the Lhotse summit one has to climb up the mountain face, which gets very steep at places.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.