Hi Everyone!! This article will share Savitri and Yama Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Downhill on a Bicycle and Helen Keller so, you can check these posts as well.
Savitri and Yama Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. Which statement is false?
(a) the king lived in ancient India
(b) the king had a son
(c) the king worshipped Gods
2. Savitri wanted to marry Satyavan because:
(a) he was a prince
(b) he lived in a hermitage
(c) he was virtuous
3. The king requested Savitri to choose another groom because:
(a) he lived in the hermitage
(b) he would die in one year
(c) his father was blind
4. Savitri managed to get back the life of Satyavan by asking to grant the wish:
(a) give many children to my father
(b) restore my father-in-law’s kingdom
(c) grant me many children from Satyavan
5. When Satyavan woke up, he saw Savitri crying. She was crying because:
(a) Satyavan was alive
(b) all her wishes had been granted
(c) she had finished her journey of following Yama
Question 2: Fill in the blanks.
1. The king worshipped Gods for many years.
2. Savitri had to search for a groom for herself.
3. Prince Satyavan lived in a hermitage with his father.
4. Satyavan went to the forest to collect wood.
5. Yama wanted to take the life of Satyavan.
6. Yama was surprised by Savitri’s wit and strong will.
Question 3: Write True or False for the following statements:
1. He worshipped the Gods for one year – True
2. Savitri travelled for many years until she reached a hermitage – True
3. Yama was not powerful – False
4. Yama wanted to take Savitri too – False
5. Many years later, Satyavan became the king and Savitri the queen – True
Question 4: Why did the king worship many Gods?
Answer: The king did not have a child so, he worshipped many Gods for many years.
Question 5: Why did Savitri want to marry Satyavan?
Answer: Satyavan was a virtuous man so, Savitri wanted to marry him.
Question 6: Why did the king refuse for the marriage?
Answer: The king showed Satyavan’s horoscope to the astrologer. The astrologer told him that Satyavan would die in one year. The king was stunned to hear this so, he refused for the marriage.
Question 7: Why did Savitri pray for a few days?
Answer: In order to save her husband, Satyavan, Savitri prayed for three days and three nights.
Question 8: What boon did Savitri ask to save her husband’s life?
Answer: To save her husband’s life, Savitri asked Lord Yama to grant her many children and let them be the children of Satyavan.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.