Hi Everyone!! This article will share Sphinx Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of Forever Green, Friends of The Rainforest and Strange Visitor so, you can check these posts as well.
Sphinx Questions & Answers
- Sphinx – an ancient Egyptian stone statue; it has a human head and the body of a lion
- Mass of stone – a large piece of rock
- Pharaohs – rulers of ancient Egypt
- Caravans – groups of people with vehicles or animals travelling together, especially across a desert
- Against the sky – vert tall and high at a high position
- Gazing into history – the Sphinx has stood in its place for many centuries and has witnessed many important events in history; the poet imagines that it sometimes remembers the events of the past.
- Holding fast to mystery – the Sphinx never tells about the historical events to anyone
- Eternity – a very long period of time which seems to be never ending
Question 1: What is the Sphinx made of?
Answer: The Sphinx is made of stone.
Question 2: What are the caravans carrying?
Answer: The caravans are carrying silk and gold.
Question 3: Where are the caravans going?
Answer: The caravans are going to some old cities.
Question 4: Who is the Sphinx sitting with?
Answer: The Sphinx is sitting alone.
Question 5: Read and answer the questions:
Waiting, watching, Sits alone.
(a) What does the speaker say the Sphinx is gazing into?
Answer: The speaker says that Sphinx is gazing into history.
(b) For how long has the Sphinx been silent?
Answer: The Sphinx has been silent for a very long time.
So, these were Sphinx Questions & Answers.