Hi Everyone!! This article will share Sunita Williams Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Singing For The Emperor, Bonku Babu and Three Men in a Boat so, you can check these posts as well.
Sunita Williams Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. Sunita was born on 19th September_______.
2. Sunita wanted to be a________.
3. She was selected by NASA in _______.
(b) April, 1998
(c) June, 1998
4. She carried with her ___________.
(b) Bhagavad Gita
(c) both a and b
5. She has always loved __________.
(c) both of these
Question 2: Write True or False for the following sentences:
1. Sunita thought of becoming an astronaut when she was a child – False
2. Sunita also worked with Russian and Canadian rocket companies – True
3. Her officer told her that she was fit to be an astronaut – False
4. Labrador Retrievers and a Terrier named ‘Gorby’ are a part of her life – True
5. Sunita does not like kids – False
Question 3: What did Sunita Williams recount?
Answer: Sunita Williams recounted that the colours of India from up in the outer space appear simply spectacular. The Himalayas appear dark green as one passes over.
Question 4: Why did NASA select her in June, 1998?
Answer: NASA noticed Sunita’s work in the Navy’s helicopters and jets and so, it selected her in June, 1998.
Question 5: What did Sunita have to learn as a student with NASA?
Answer: As a student with NASA, she learnt all about living in space, technology needed for flying rockets, preparing for flight training, as well as learning ways to live under water.
Question 6: Why is 9th December, 2006 important for Sunita?
Answer: 9th December, 2006 is important for Sunita because she was launched into the International Space Station with the crew of STS-116 aboard the shuttle Discovery.
Question 7: What does she feel after going to NASA?
Answer: After going to NASA and learning about spacecrafts and gravity, she feels that some of the designs and workings are just simple things she learnt in the junior school.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.