Hi Everyone!! This article will share Singing For The Emperor Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of A Bottle of Dew, The Piper of Manas and Three Men in a Boat so, you can check these posts as well.
Singing For The Emperor Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. Who was one of the greatest singers of Hindustani classical music?
2. Who was the teacher of Tansen?
(c) Guru Haridas
3. Guru Haridas lived in a _______
(a) palace in Delhi
(b) in a hut on the bank of the river Yamuna
(c) in a cave on the bank of the river Yamuna
4. Guru Haridas sing everyday before sunrise sitting on the bank of the river________
Question 2: Write True or False for the following sentences:
1. Akbar was a lover of the arts, music and learning – True
2. There was no better singer the world than Tansen – False
3. Akbar was mesmerized by Guru Haridas’s singing – True
4. Tansen thought he was a better singer than his teacher Guru Haridas – False
Question 3: Who was Tansen?
Answer: Tansen was one of the greatest singers of Hindustani classical music. He was Emperor Akbar’s Court singer.
Question 4: What did Akbar think about Tansen?
Answer: Akbar was so charmed by Tansen’s singing that he thought no better music existed in the world than Tansen’s.
Question 5: What did Akbar say after returning to the court?
Answer: After returning to the court, Akbar said that Guru Haridas’s music was something from another world and Why was it that Tansen could not sing like him.
Question 6: What according to Tansen was the difference between his singing and that of Haridas?
Answer: According to Tansen, there was a great difference between his singing and that of Haridas. Tansen sings for the Emperor of Delhi but Guru Haridas sings for the Emperor of the Universe.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.