Hi Everyone!! This article will share The Free Man Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by Robert Burns. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of The Sound Collector, Birbal Visits Persia and The Adventures of Little Al so, you can check these posts as well.
The Free Man Questions & Answers
- Penny – a small British coin and unit of money
- Lend – give money to someone on condition that they will pay it back after some time
- Borrow – take money from someone on condition that you will return it to them later
- Lord – master
- Slave – a person who is owned by another person and is forced to work for the owner
- Take blows – be hurt
- Merry and free – happy and cheerful
Question 1: Say whether true or false.
1. This poem is about nobody – False
2. The Free Man has a small amount of money – True
3. The Free Man has a sword – True
4. The Free Man is careless and sad – False
5. The Free Man is happy – True
Question 2: Why does the Free Man say that no one can hurt him?
Answer: The Free Man says that no one can hurt him because he has a good broad sword.
Question 3: What makes the Free Man free?
Answer: The Free Man does not care about others. He can defend himself and live as he pleases. This independent nature makes him free.
Question 4: Write a few pairs of rhyming words from the poem.
Answer: Spend-lend, lord-sword, free-me.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.