Hi Everyone!! This article will share A Wolf’s Cub Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of The Man Cub, The Violet and The Wonderful Tea-Kettle so, you can check these posts as well.
A Wolf’s Cub Questions & Answers
Question 1: Fill in the blanks with appropriate words and phrases.
1. Although Father Wolf’s jaws closed on the child’s back, not a touch even scratched the skin as he laid it down among the cubs.
2. Mother Wolf exclaimed how little, nak*d and bold the man’s cub was.
3. Shere Khan’s feet were burnt because he had jumped at a woodcutter’s campfire.
4. The Wolves take orders only from the Head of the Pack.
5. Shere Khan backed out of the cave mouth because he knew that the Mother Wolf could easily attack him from inside the narrow cave.
6. The Mother Wolf gave the human baby the name Mowgli, which meant the Frog.
7. When he was not learning, Mowgli sat out in the sun and slept and ate and went to sleep again.
8. Mowgli swam in the forest pools when he felt dirty or hot.
Question 2: What did the human baby do when it was laid among the cubs?
Answer: The human baby was pushing his way between the cubs to get close to the Mother Wolf’s warm hide.
Question 3: ‘My lord, my lord, it went in here!’ who said this and about whom?
Answer: Tabaqui said this about Mowgli (the human baby).
Question 4: Why was Shere Khan not able to snatch the man’s cub from the Wolves’ cave?
Answer: Shere Khan was not able to snatch the man’s cub from the Wolves’ cave because the mouth of the cave was too narrow for a tiger to come in by. His shoulders and forepaws were cramped at the small mouth of the cave. Moreover, he knew that the Mother Wolf could easily attack him from inside the narrow cave. So, he backed out of the cave mouth growling.
Question 5: What are the Mother Wolf’s eyes compared to at the time of her facing Shere Khan from the cave?
Answer: At the time of Mother Wolf facing Shere Khan from the cave, her eyes are compared to two green moons in the darkness.
Question 6: What is Mother Wolf’s name?
Answer: Mother Wolf’s name is Raksha.
Question 7: ‘Each dog barks in his own yard.’ What does Shere Khan mean by this?
Answer: By this, Shere Khan means that the Mother Wolf, Raksha can shout at him in her cave only and so, it is possible for her to protect the human baby. However, outside the cave, she will not be able to do that.
Question 8: Why did Shere Khan back out from the Wolves’ cave?
Answer: Shere Khan backed out from the Wolves’ cavehe knew that the Mother Wolf could easily attack him from inside the narrow cave.
Question 9: ‘Shere Khan speaks this much truth.’ What was the truth that Shere Khan spoke?
Answer: The truth that Shere Khan spoke was that the human baby would have to be shown to the Pack and the Pack should approve the wolves raising it.
Question 10: What are the things Father Wolf taught Mowgli?
Answer: The Father Wolf taught Mowgli the meaning of things in the jungle — every rustle in the grass, every breath of the warm night air, every note of the owls above his head, and every splash of every little fish jumping in a pool.
Question 11: Why did Mowgli not trust men?
Answer: Mowgli did not trust men because he knew that men had laid traps for the beasts.
So, these were A Wolf’s Cub Questions & Answers.