Hi Everyone!! This article will share Boats Sail on The Rivers Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by Christina Rossetti where she has praised the beauty of the sky on a clear day. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of On the Pasture, Health is Wealth and The Land of Nod so, you can check these posts as well.
Boats Sail on The Rivers Questions & Answers
- Bow – rainbow – a half circle with seven colours which sometimes appears in the sky when the sun shines after the rain
- Bridges – structures that are built over rivers, roads, etc. so that people or cars could go across them
- Overtops – stretches above the height of something else
- Sail – travel in a boat or ship which has a sail
Question 1: Write True or False:
1. Fish sail on the rivers – False
2. Clouds are prettier than bridges – False
3. There is a bow on the tree top – True
Question 2: What is special about the bridges on the rivers?
Answer: Special about the bridges on the rivers is that they are pretty.
Question 3: What do the clouds do?
Answer: Clouds sail across the sky.
Question 4: What is it that bridges heaven?
Answer: Rainbow bridges heaven.
Question 5: Which two places does the road connect?
Answer: The road connects the earth and the sky.
Question 6: Do clouds actually sail across the sky?
Answer: The clouds do not actually sail across the sky. They look as if they do.
Question 7: What is the bow that connects heaven? Why is it called a bow here?
Answer: A rainbow connects heaven. It is called a bow here as it looks like a bow.
Question 8: What does heaven mean here? Why does the poet say that the bow bridges heaven?
Answer: Heaven refers to the sky. The poet says that the bow bridges heaven because it spreads through the sky.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.