Hi Everyone!! This article will share Little Talk Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by Aileen Fisher. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of The Royal Gift, Going to The Fair and The Moon so, you can check these posts as well.
Little Talk Questions & Answers
- Probable – could be true
- Earthquakes – sudden shaking of the earth
Question 1: Choose the right answer:
(a) In the poem, the poet talking to
i. us, the readers.
iii. beetles and bees.
(b) The poet asks
i. whether we have seen beetles, bugs and bees.
ii. whether beetles, bugs and bees talk.
iii. whether beetles and bees are bugs.
(c) The poet thinks that bugs feel an earthquake when people pass by their village because
i. an earthquake really happens.
ii. people are much bigger than bugs.
iii. bugs are bigger than people.
(d) A pair of words which do not rhyme is
i. bees and these.
ii. bugs and big.
iii. grass and pass.
Question 2: What are the insects named in the poem?
Answer: The insects named in the poem are beetles, bugs and bees.
Question 3: Read the lines and answer the questions:
Of course we’ll never know
if bugs talk very much at all,
Because our ears are far too big
For that is so small.
(a) Pick out the pair of opposites in these lines.
(b) What will we never know?
Answer: We will never know if bugs talk to each other.
(c) Why will we never know?
Answer: We will never know it because our ears are too big for the small talk that bugs have with each other.
Question 4: Why is the poem called ‘little talk’?
Answer: The poem is called little talk because it focuses on the lives of bugs, who are little as compared to us, humans.
Question 5: Can you think of two other things that bugs might talk about?
Answer: The bugs might talk about what food they had during the day. All the places they visited and liked.
Question 6: Choose the correct option:
1. According to the poetess the beetles, bugs and bees can:
2. The beetles, bugs and bees may talk about:
3. The beetles, bugs bees live in:
4. Jungles are covered with:
Question 7: Fill in the blanks:
1. The beetles, bugs and bees talk about a lot of things.
2. The beetles. bugs and bees live in jungle with grass.
3. The poetess says, we will never know if bugs talk very much.
4. We can never know their talks because of our big ears.
Question 8: Write True or False for the following statements:
1. The beetles, bugs and bees do not talk much – False
2. The beetles, bugs and bees talk about the rain and clouds – False
3. The jungles are covered with grass – True
4. We can always hear their small talk – False
So, these were Little Talk Questions & Answers.