Hi Everyone!! This article will share Young Voices of Change Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of Invictus, The Sri Krishna Eating House and Baby Ate a Microchip so, you can go through these posts as well.
Young Voices of Change Questions & Answers
Question 1: Fill in the blanks:
1. E.C.O stands for The Environmental Children’s Organisation.
2. Severn Suzuki was only twelve years old when she gave this speech.
3. In her speech, Suzuki spoke of holes in the ozone layer.
4. The Golden rule of KISS stands for Keep It Short and Simple.
5. Terrorists attacked Malala on 9th October 2012.
6. Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani girl.
Question 2: Why is speech organization important?
Answer: Speech organization is important because it helps in effectively taking the information one wishes to present and arranging it in a logical order.
Question 3: List some of the issues raised by Suzuki in her speech.
Answer: Some of the issues raised by Suzuki in her speech are:
- She raised the issue of starving children around the world whose cries go unheard.
- Issue of countless animals dying across the planet because they have nowhere left to go.
- She raised the issue of depletion of ozone layer.
- She raised the issue of massive destruction of trees that the forests have now become deserts.
- Issue of extinction of wild animals and wonder if they will exist in future.
Question 4: How did life in the Swat valley change?
Answer: Swat Valley which was a place of beauty and tourism, changed into a place of terrorism. More than 400 schools were destroyed. Girls were stopped from going to school. Education went from being a right to being a crime. Innocent people were killed and their beautiful dreams turned into nightmares.
Question 5: Malala Yousafzai has raised a voice for which issue?
Answer: Malala Yousafzai has raised a voice for education of girls.
Question 6: With whom did Malala share her Nobel Prize?
Answer: Malala shared her Nobel Prize with Kailash Satyarthi.
Question 7: What did Malala mention about the Holy Quran in her speech?
Answer: In her speech, Malala mentioned that she had learnt from the first two chapters of the Holy Quran, the word ‘Iqra’ which means ‘read’ and the word ‘nun wal-qalam’ which means ‘by the pen’.
Question 8: Why was Suzuki’s speech effective?
Answer: One reason that made Suzuki’s speech so effective was her way of addressing the adults directly as a child would. She raised a voice for the major environmental problems faced by children all over the world and forced the adults present there to think about the after effects of their present day actions.
So, these were Young Voices of Change Questions & Answers.