Hi Everyone!! This article will share Christmas Won Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions & answers of If I Were Brave, The White Elephant and Do Not Be Afraid of The Dark so, you can check these posts as well.
Christmas Won Questions & Answers
Question 1: Who says the following lines in the play?
1. It’s so terrible to be poor!
2. I do want to buy some books for myself.
3. It’s not nice to complain so much, but I do think washing dishes and keeping things tidy is the worst work in the world.
4. I’ll get a little bottle of perfume.
5. He will stay and do his work faithfully as long as he can.
Answer: Mrs March
6. Tell them I think of them every day and pray for them at night.
Answer: The girl’s father
Question 2: Choose the correct option:
1. Out of the four sisters, ________is the youngest.
2. The girls can’t buy Christmas presents because_______
(a) their father is at war.
(b) they are very poor.
(c) it is war time, and they shouldn’t be spending money for pleasure.
3. The girl’s father is a _______ in the army.
4. _______wants to buy herself some music for Christmas.
5. Mrs March tells the girls that she has got ______ for them.
(a) Christmas gifts
(b) a letter from their father
(c) good news
Question 3: What are the girls talking about at the beginning of the play?
Answer: At the beginning of the play, the girls are talking about Christmas and saying it won’t feel like Christmas without any presents.
Question 4: Where is the girls’ father?
Answer: The girls’ father is away at war.
Question 5: What kind of work does Meg do?
Answer: Meg teaches children.
Question 6: What do the girls decide to buy for their mother for Christmas? What does it tell you about them?
Answer: The girls decide to buy a pair of new slippers, a pair of gloves, some handkerchiefs, and a bottle of perfume for their mother. They are loving and caring girls.
Question 7: What does the father want the girls to do while he is away at war?
Answer: The father wants them to do their duty faithfully, fight their enemies bravely and behave nicely.
Question 8: What does Beth do after hearing out the letter?
Answer: Beth wipes away her tears and begins to knit with all her might.
So, these were Christmas Won Questions & Answers.