Hi Everyone!! Today, I am going to share the methodsto Add Google Analytics To WordPress. Google Analytics is one of the mostpopular and best website analytics tools. But, may of WordPress users face problemswhen it comes to actually Add Google Analytics To WordPress. So, I am listingsome methods to help you with that.
Methods To Add Google Analytics To WordPress
I will show you all the steps of a method but before this, you should have already signed up for a Google Analytics Account. If you haven’t done it yet then, please go here and do that.
Method 1: Using Google Analytics for WordPress By MonsterInsights
MonsterInsights is one ofthe most popular Google Analytics plugins which is used by more than 2million WordPress users.
It is the easiest and the best way to Add GoogleAnalytics to WordPress.
So, let’s see the steps.
Install and Activate the plugin – Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights. When you will Activate the plugin, the MonsterInsights setup page will open. Choose a category for your website and click on “Save and Continue” button.
- Then click on “Connect MonsterInsights” button. This will lead to a Google accounts pop-up where you will be asked to sign in or choose an account if you are already signed in. Remember: Choose the account with which you signed up for Google Analytics.
- Then, click on “Allow” button.
- The last step is to select the site you want to connect.
- Click on “Complete Connection” button. Now, click on “Finish Setup & Exit Wizard”.
That’s it you have added Google Analytics to WordPress.
Must Read: How To Clear WordPress Cache
Method 2: Using Insert Headers and Footers Plugin
This is a very easy method to Add Google Analytics ToWordPress. For this, implement the following steps:-
Install & Activate Insert Headers and Footers plugin. After Activation, go to Settings → Insert Headers and Footers.
- Log in to your Google Analytics Dashboard. Then, click on Admin present on the bottom left corner.
- Click on Tracking Info under Property then, click on Tracking Code.
- Copy the Website Tracking Code and paste it in the text box present under Scripts in Header.
- Then, click on the Save Changes button.
Hurray!! You have successfully installed GoogleAnalytics to WordPress.
Must Read: How To Optimize Website Speed
Method 3: Using the header.php file
This method is for advanced and experienced users. Itis very simple but unreliable as your code can disappear when you update orchange your theme. So, let’s see the steps:-
- Click on Appearance and hitthe Editor button.
- Click on your website’s header.phpfile.
- Now, copy Google Analytics’Website Tracking Code and paste it in below the <head> sectionof the file.
So, these were the steps to Add Google Analytics ToWordPress. If this post was helpful to you in adding Google Analytics then,please share it with your friends and colleagues. If you have any doubts orsuggest regarding the post then, please comment in the comment box below.