Hi Everyone!! This article will share My First Visit to the Ballet Questions & Answers.
In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Adventure in a Banyan Tree, My Mother Saw A Dancing Bear and The Wonderful Words so, you can check these posts as well.
My First Visit to the Ballet Questions & Answers
Question 1: Choose the correct option:
1. The speaker in the poem is
(a) a ten-year-old school-girl.
(b) a young woman with a ten-year-old child.
(c) an older woman remembering early days.
(d) an old woman with her granddaughter.
2. I’m at the ballet. now, at last! The phrase at last! shows the speaker’s __________ to see the ballet.
3. If you Were to ask me, ‘What’s twice two?’ I would not know what to say. This shows the speaker was
4. The people at the ballet felt _________ when the speaker and her friend began searching for the ticket.
5. The word ‘hissed’ conveys
Question 2: How often had the speaker gone to see a ballet performed in a theatre?
Answer: This was the speaker’s first visit to the theatre.
Question 3: If you Were to ask me, ‘What’s twice two?’ I would not know what to say. How could the speaker have forgotten a simple thing like that?
Answer: The speaker is so excited about visiting the theatre to see the ballet performance that everything else has faded from the mind.
Question 4: What efforts did the speaker and her friend make to look for the ticket?
Answer: They slipped down on the floor and crawled between the rows in search of the ticket.
Question 5: Do you think the incident was a happy one for the speaker and her friend? Why/ Why not?
Answer: The incident was not a happy one as they could not enjoy the performance they had been waiting so long to see.
So, these were the Questions & Answers.