Hi Everyone!! This article will share The Circus Questions & Answers.
This poem is written by C.J Dennis. In my previous posts, I have shared the questions and answers of Self-Contained, Life and Sheem The Wolf Boy so, you can check these posts as well.
The Circus Questions & Answers
- Dappled – marked with spots of colour
- Gallop – the fast movement of a horse
- Acrobats – entertainers who perform balancing acts and gymnastics
- Dizzy – feeling as if everything is spinning around you
- Troupe – a group of touring actors, singers, or a circus group
- Hoop – a large ring that animals jump through at a circus
- Parasol – a small umbrella used by women for protection from the sun
- India-rubber – natural rubber
Question 1: Correct and rewrite the following statements.
1. The dappled acrobat gallops round the ring.
Answer: The dappled horse gallops round the ring
2. The tumbling men are on the dizzy swing.
Answer: The tumbling men tumble up and down.
3. Acrobats tumble up and down.
Answer: Acrobats are on the dizzy swing.
4. The educated dog carries a parasol and fan.
Answer: The lady Blondin carries a parasol and fan.
5. The India-rubber man is jumping through the hoop.
Answer: The educated dog is jumping through the hoop.
6. The lady Blondin is upon the ladder.
Answer: The lad is upon the ladder.
7. The juggler is tearful.
Answer: The juggler is joyful.
8. The elephant is looping the loop.
Answer: The boyis looping the loop.
Question 2: What kind(s) of mood would most people watching the circus have?
Answer: excited, happy
Question 3: Name three animals mentioned in the poem.
Answer: Three animals mentioned in the poem are elephant, horse and dog.
Question 4: Why does the poet call the circus dog an ‘educated dog’?
Answer: The poet calls the circus dog an ‘educated dog’ because it is well-trained and can jump through the hoop.
Question 5: Find two words from the poem that rhyme with the given word.
1. group – troupe, hoop
2. ran – fan, man
3. gown – town, clown
4. thing – ring, swing
So, these were the Questions & Answers.